Robin's Family


Deed Book J, Records of Jones Co, NC -- #148-150 -- 14 Sep 1802 -- Daniel Lavender to Silas Stevenson for 100 pounds, 100 acres on north side of Trent river at mouth of Poley Bridge Branch, at Malichi Jolly's old line. Wits: John Lavender, David Packer.
Deed Book J, Records of Jones Co, NC -- #477-479 -- 5 Sep 1803 0 Gidden Moore (More) to Daniel Lavender for 300 pounds, land on north side of Trent river joining Elisha Blackshear's and the Quaker Meeting house in the head of Singing Branch and contains 150 acres. Wts: David Parker, Edward Arven
Abstracts of Deeds: #28 -- 9 May 1805 -- Daniel Lavender to Elijah Kellam for 75 pounds, 150 acres on north side of Trent river, east side of Poley Bridge Branch at Busick's line. Also 200 acres at Samuel and Hugh Bratcher's lines. Signed Daniel S. Lavender. Wits: Joseph Kinsey, Junior., James Huggins.
When Morgan Co, TN was founded in 1817, Daniel S. Lavender, an early settler, donated land for a county seat, which was West of Wartburg and on which a jail was built. The place was called Montgomery. When Fentress Count was formed in 1923, this location was unsatisfactory, so another site was selected on the East side of Emory river on the Wall place. It was called by the same name, Montgomery.
Daniel S. Lavender succeeded Benjamin C. White, the first County Register.

Home Page |  What's New |  Surnames |  Photos |  Histories |  Documents |  Cemeteries |  Places |  Sources